Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Bahamian Devil


Well, I think we brought home a different kid. I am not sure what happened to our sweet, cute, laid back Tater Tot. The boy who is with us now is quite a different creature! If we all thought Cookie Monster was a wild man at this age, then we are in a for a rude awakening. Even my mom, after five kids of her own, had no good advice for me. He doesn't sleep, eats like a ravenous animal, and screams about everything. He has a temper that far surpasses anything I have experienced before. So, needless to say, we are cracking the whip. He is upstairs screaming right now because he doesn't want to nap even though Chris was up half the night with him. He'll get it. We may resort to earplugs by the time he does, but he'll get it. He just thinks he's the boss. He just doesn't understand who he's dealing with. Why do you think I even had kids? So, I could be the boss! ;)

It is good to be home. Messy, but good. Still unpacking, and there is dust in every corner of this house. We had the countertops replaced in the kitchen (finally) while we were away, and the construction zone dust is still here. Lucia can't get here fast enough! Our vacuum cleaner is on its last leg, and is so loud it truly scared both Tater and Nosey when I ran it this morning. We have continued the laziness theme upon our arrival here, and I am enjoying it. Chris finally broke down and went to the grocery store so we won't starve to death.

Summertime is always my favorite time of year. Has been since I was a kid. Maybe it remained that way as an adult because I was on an academic calendar when I was in school and then when I worked too. It always makes me feel free. These days it's mostly free from Nosey's schedule. However, he starts camp tomorrow. Six weeks this summer. I am really excited for him. He really works hard there, but it is so good for him and he has a TON of fun! I am so truly thankful for that opportunity for him. It is a true blessing from God.

No comments: