Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Little Slice of Heaven


HUGE DAY. Huge. Unbelievable. We actually closed on the lot. The people who you have known to routinely move every two years or so have found their final resting place. It is unbelievable! I can't believe it. Really, I can't.

Many of you have been aware of our ongoing pursuit for this lot. We put in a contract on the lot on January 23rd, and it has taken this long to get all of the kinks ironed out, and work enough miracles to actually be able to buy this piece of property. I even said my goodbyes to the thought of ever owning it sometime back, but we somehow pulled it off. It is truly a gift from God. The combination of events that have come together to make this actually happen are absolutely amazing. 

I told Chris tonight that I never really actually believed in my heart of hearts that this would ever happen. He said, "You didn't think we'd get the lot?", to which I replied no that I never in a million years thought we'd get this lot or anything like it. Like never my whole life. I always viewed as the unattainable dream. And now we are living the dream! It is so beautiful and peaceful.

What's more, and the icing on the cake for us is that now we know where we will build Nosey's house. We are living on borrowed time in the house we are in now. No-No gets bigger all the time, and it simply doesn't make sense to modify the house we live in now for multiple reasons. Now we can build him a house where he can be happy and get around as he grows older. And to think of him growing older swaying and rocking on the floating dock enjoying the salt air makes my heart sing. I couldn't be happier!

I just want to say that we really do believe it is a miracle and a true blessing to have been given this opportunity. We want to share it with you all. Please come, share with us. 


No comments: