Monday, July 21, 2008

Just Call Me Grace

I was once told that I was as graceful as a bullfrog. I know the meaning of that statement better than ever these days. Last Thursday I was simply picking Nosey up in his feeder seat to move it over to the couch so we could watch the boob tube together and I knocked the chair over on top of my toe. On any other day for any other person it would have been OUCH and then on to other things, but noooooooo - we are talking about me right? I ended up in the ER having my nail removed as the nail had cut nearly down to the bone, getting stitches, and, how did the Dr. put it? Yeah, having my nail bed reconstructed. I am sure I will have some funky looking toe nail for the rest of my life too. Chris says it will give me character--yeah, that and an ugly toe nail. And to think, I had planned to go get a pedicure that day. In case you were ever wondering about the shot they have to give you in your toe to numb it before doing the stitches -- yes it hurts. I would rather give birth than have those shots. I was tough though, aside from the screaming,  that is.
We had a pretty lazy weekend around here. Went to the dock, went for a hot and sweaty bike ride, took Jana to Costco. Apparently, they don't have ginormous Wholesale Clubs in Germany -- their loss. What would Tater Tot do without his huge box of muffins? How would we ever survive without the tub of cookie dough in the fridge?

So, we are in the triple digits here. It is so hot. Cookie played Wii almost all day today. I wasn't about to tell him to go out and play. Nosey's camp is going ice skating tomorrow. I am not quite sure how that will play out for him, but at least it will be cool. Plus, Pattison's Academy is going to be on Lowcountry Live tomorrow morning. My friends, Roshd and Robin, have graciously been putting together some video  footage of the camp and they will be using that on the show tomorrow. I hope the school gets some really good exposure. I can't wait to see...

Anyway, Jana seems to be settling in well. She is so much calmer than the rest of us. Not hard to do, I know. It is nice to see her relax some, and just be herself  more and more. We have had a really good time. Tater Tot already loves her. He hugs and kisses her, and runs to her from across the room. That really warms my heart. Cookie really likes her too. He always wants to play with her. And, Nosey likes her too. He always smiles at her voice, and she always plays with his hair, and we all know he loves that! But, I think Chris is having the most fun with it. He asks her about Germany all the time. I tried to warn her about my wanna-be-German husband, but she didn't get it. She is beginning to see now, though. And the dogs are always near her too. One big, happy family. Ahhhhhhhhh.




2 comments:

Richelle said...

Cute toenail polish color! You're so lucky-- your toe will have character! I wish my toes had character ;)

Unknown said...

I have to say, except for the poor mangled toenail, you have exceptionally beautifully toes/toenails. Quite jealous, but I won't say coveting. Anyway, it sounded seriously painful and glad it wasn't me.
Glad to hear Jana (Yana?) is settling in well. That is so important!