Saturday, June 7, 2008

SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!

Well, the kids are finished for the school year. I can't believe I now have a 2nd grader and a Kindergartner. They both had parties with their class and said their good-byes to their teachers as both of them are moving away and won't be back next year. Both Cookie and Nosey had the same teacher the past two years, so this means big change for them. For the rest of the family too. Change is hard, especially for adults.

So, I am supposed to be packing up for our two weeks in the Bahamas with my parents. We leave in the middle of the night for the airport. No sleep for the weary. Instead of packing, I am procrastinating and watching a prerecorded Oprah show. 

Fast forward. I am now in the Bahamas. Never did even post yesterday. Got sidetracked. Everybody here is exhausted. As usual on the night before our family vacations, I got less than 2 hours of sleep last night, so I, too, will be hitting the hay early.

My lifelong best friend, Robin, is here with me to help with the kids. Thank goodness for her. I would not have made it here today without her help. Truly, I would be stuck with three children in some stinkin' airport. Probably arrested for killing someone.

Let the vacation begin!

No comments: