Friday, September 26, 2008

P-Baby's Arm, The Miracle League, and The Cat's Out Of The Bag

Well, we took tater tot back to Pediatric Orthopedist on Wednesday hoping to get his cast off. So, we of course should have known better. One of the bones in his forearm has still not healed enough to take the cast off. It looks pretty bad still in the x-ray (which I, of course, have included). So, he is now on his third cast (this time it only comes up his forearm and not over his elbow) and this one should come off on October 15th. We'll keep our fingers crossed. Luckily, having a cast on his arm hasn't slowed him down one bit, as you can see from the picture I took of he and Jana playing at Gymboree the day after he got his new cast.



Well, this weekend a long awaited event will take place. Nosey is finally old enough to play in the Charleston Miracle League. I am so excited! He is a member the Cardinals, and his first game is Saturday morning at 10a.m. We went to the groundbreaking ceremony in Summerville
 yesterday where they are about to construct a field for players to use starting this spring. Anyway, they had an impromptu baseball game, and Nosey's buddy was a little cutie from CSU. Nosey was so adorable! He was such a flirt too. He had so much fun running the bases that everyone kept commenting on what a great smile he has. I was interviewed for a local paper, and the kids were all on the local news. Anyway, we are really looking forward to his first game. I am hoping it will work out for Cookie to be his buddy. I will be sure to take pictures, and update with them.


Lastly, but certainly not least... It seems that almost everyone knows this by now even though it is still very early on. Yep, we are pregnant with #4, and we are praying for pink, but assuming it will be blue. At least I am anyway. This time when we have shared the news with people it seems that the most popular comment sounds something like "We're happy for you if this is what y'all want", or some reference to how crazy we are. That begins to wear on you after a while, so we are still digesting the fact that we will have FOUR children as of May 23rd, 2009. Holy Cow! We are very excited. And thankfully, Jana and Grace are excited as well:). Still overwhelmed with the thought of it all...


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Like I told yall from the start I am soo excited for yall having a new little one!! Caroline will be there to help!! I am soo excited about Noseys baseball and I will be coming to his game to cheer him on!!

The Nichols Family said...

Forget what everone else says. I am so happy for you and and praying that it is pink too! We love you guys....and miss you terribly!

Shawn said...

Whoohoooo!!! This is so great!!! Everyone knows now!!! I can tell my mom??? I can't wait to see baseball pics of Noah. So fun!!! Hoping your little firecracker's arm gets better soon, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mel! Brad, Kate and I are so happy for you and Chris. You two are such great parents that this child will be lucky to have you no matter if it's pink or blue. Deep down... I'm hoping that you have pink too. It's so much fun shopping for a girl.