Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chris is a ROCK STAR!

Well, yesterday was the long awaited day...Chris got the call that he has officially been selected as the Operator of the new store in Goose Creek! YAY! Yippee! It has been a long road. I couldn't be more proud of him if I tried. He has worked so hard, and I am so happy his efforts have been rewarded. 

The store should open in the spring. The grand opening date has changed many times in the past, so I think it will probably change again before it's all over. Construction should start in December and it's supposed to open April 23rd. Mark your calendars (in pencil)!




On a sadder note, Nosey had an appointment with Ortho last week. I thought it was just going to be for a shot of Botox, and then on his way, so I sent Chris for the appointment. However, things went a little differently. He ended up coming home with a new brace that he now has to sleep in. The orthopedist said that things are going well overall, but that he would like to see the ball sit deeper in his hip socket. So, to avoid surgery again, we are going to try the brace that will keep his legs in a position that will be good for his hip development. It makes me so sad to make him sleep in it, though. This is the kid who giggles every time you put him in his bed. It is truly his favorite place on earth. He loves his bed, and to have to make him wear an uncomfortable brace while he sleeps just breaks my heart. We are easing into it. When he cries at night and can't be comforted by repositioning, we just take it off for the night. He is making it longer and longer. What a good boy...




This past weekend was a really relaxing one. Cookie had his first soccer game of the season. Most of the rest of our free time was spent at the dock. It was pretty hot and buggy, but it
 was great on the water. Chris took the boys kayaking. They all loved it, especially Nosey!


Tater has just one more week in the cast. He is scheduled to have it removed next week. I hope and pray that he is healing well under there.

Chris is traveling this week and next. And this weekend, he and Cookie are going on the Cub Scout Campout. I am not planning on going. I am a little sad about it, but they will have lots of big boy fun I am sure.

Oh, I almost forgot! Today I looked across the street and saw two men and a pregnant woman going all around from door to door. I thought it was a little odd. Then, the pregnant lady rang our doorbell and asked for a fire extinguisher. Turns out the room over the garage was on fire. Apparently, the gas lantern somehow caused the fire. So, everybody and their brother came out to see what all of the commotion was about. I took a bunch of pictures, and sweated while we watched the DI Fire Department put the fire out. One of my pictures may end up in the newspaper too. I hear they even pay $50. That will be the only time anyone ever pays me for any of my photography!!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give Noah a kiss from Ella and MB. Just keep in mind this is better than surgery. I'm sure this will be easier on him in the long run! He really has proven himself tough.