Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Baseball and Brotherly Love

You know, I love being a mom. Today I woke up with the same migraine I had gone to bed with. Luckily Jana was with Tater Tot, so I went back to bed, and when I got up I was so pleased to be headache-free that I whisked Chris away from his desk, and we went to the school to surprise the boys at lunch. We got to see Cookie and Nosey. And, it is so cool to see No-No at school. He is pretty popular, ya know. His assistant says she can't make it down the hall with him without being stopped by several students all wanting to say hello to him. He is cute, I know, but it really does feel good as a mommy to see that he has a special place at his school. He is known wherever he goes, and I am confident that he is well loved. He has been spending a good bit of time in the regular classroom for art and music. I know he has really enjoyed it, and apparently the other students have too.

So, Nosey had his first baseball game with the Charleston Miracle League and apparently made it into the Summerville newspaper. I have yet to get a copy of it, but it's hanging up at school already. He is a star once again.


Anyway, the game last weekend was priceless. They run that program like a well oiled machine. I expected to be impressed by my boy playing ball, but I was blown away by how well things ran. It was so much fun being there. All the kids were at varying developmental levels, and they made the game of baseball as relevant to each child as possible. Each child had a buddy that stayed with him/her the whole game. Nosey hit for himself the first time he was up at bat, but the second time up Cookie hit for him and even ran the bases with him. Cookie says that Nosey's baseball team is even cooler than his was last Spring. He is such a good big brother--it makes my heart sing!

I wish I had a picture, but of course I don't. I don't think a picture would capture the moment fully anyway. I need to have it on film. Anyway, yesterday when Nosey got up from his nap Tater Tot crawled up on his bed and kissed Nosey all over, and then started to tickle him. No-No was cracking up. He just couldn't stop giggling. It was the cutest thing to see their brotherly relationship. Words aren't necessary at all between brothers. Nothing could feel better than that to me.

No comments: