Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Drivin' In My Car

O.k., well when I tried to start this post I was riding in my car and decided to put my iPhone to the test and see if I could post from there. Either I don't know what I am doing (which is entirely possible) or it doesn't work. Chris tried to explain that it was a script and iPhones can't do that, but he lost me and I just gave up for the time being...

So, we drove to DC and met Richelle, Jamie, and Bobby for the day at the Museum of Natural History for the afternoon. We had a really great time. Cookie really liked seeing the Hope Diamond. When I called Gommy and told her thatshe said that he likes rocks as much as his Poppy does. Tater Tot growled at all of the dinosaurs, even the skull of a prehistoric rhino skull he saw outside on the sidewalk that he called Nemo. Jana took Nosey on a few rides in his wheelchair down the ramps throughout the museum, so he could get a few laughs.

We walked around the White House to show Jana. She said it was much smaller than she had thought it would be. Pretty much like everything in life, right? We drove around at the end of the day partly to show Jana the city, partly because we took a few wrong turns. It was pretty to see things at night. Chris had lots of interesting facts to share that he had picked up on his trip to DC while he was working on his MBA. You know that trip where he got to go into the West Wing and have his picture taken behind the podium in the Press Room? Punk.

So, this morning we have come down to the lobby of the hotel and had breakfast in our pj's. While I am typing there is a guy sitting next to me at the next computer singing his heart out so loud that he can be heard all over the lobby while we watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. He is jamming out, and is totally oblivious to the rest of the world. GrandBob just came and picked Cookie up so that he could go play his new Mario Kart that they gave him for his birthday a little early.

I am looking forward to the rest of this lazy day. I hope you all have a great turkey day, and spend some time being thankful for what you have. I know I will!

No comments: