Thursday, November 20, 2008

Turkey Day is Coming!

I don't even know if I have anything to talk about really. I am realizing that I am just not very good at keeping in touch no matter the method. I wish I was. Some people just have the gift, and for me it is next to impossible. 

Just sitting across the room from Jana speaking in German to her mother on iChat. I have absolutely NO IDEA what in the world they are talking about, but it is always cool hearing another language spoken. Having Jana here has been so good for us in so many ways. It helps me see just how small minded I, as an American, am. I think a lot of Americans are this way, though. Jana knows so much about our country compared to what I know about Germany or most other countries. Not that I am much of a world traveler, unfortunately. I guess I am showing my world ignorance, but that's just me...

So, today is my mom's birthday. I feel very fortunate to have both of my parents in my life, and to have the relationship with them that I do. That doesn't happen everyday anymore. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! I Love You!

So, next week is Thanksgiving, and we are going to Maryland. The family hasn't been in a while, and it has been even longer since I have been. When I started to think about it I began to realize that it been a LONG time since I was up there. I think the big boys are going to go skiing on Friday. It's opening day at nearby ski resort. I am going to skip those crowds and all of the grass and rocks that are sure to be still sticking through the snow on the slopes. That is how I know I am getting old. When I was younger it didn't matter about any of those things. I would have jumped at any chance to go snow skiing. 

We are also going to DC. I am looking forward to it too. Jana will get to see some more of America, so that will be good too. I haven't been to DC in a long time. The kids have never been, so that'll be cool. And, we are going to get to see Jamie and Richelle on their stomping grounds. I hope the drive won't be too awful. 

Next week the Kindergarteners are having a Thanksgiving Program as usual. And I just found out today that Nosey is the turkey in this year's program. There never was a turkey before, but this year the turkey's name is Nosey. I can't wait. I hope he feels better by then. He has a skin infection, so he is taking an antibiotic and it is making his tummy hurt. He is such a tough boy. Can't wait to see him in his starring role.

1 comment:

Richelle said...

That is going to be the cutest turkey ever! I can't wait to see the pictures :)