Sunday, May 18, 2008

Comic Relief


While we probably all agree that "Cookie Monster" holds the record for being the most intense member of our family (and that's not an easy feat), and "Nosey" is the cuddliest child God ever made, "Tater Tot" is definitely the comedian. He is always wearing a smile, and is always doing whatever it takes to make us laugh. It's amazing how every member of the family has a special role.

My friend Rachel said to me while I was pregnant that this baby (a.k.a. "Tater Tot") was going to be so healing for our family. And, he has. In so many ways. He has redefined our family. He has helped us to see just how wonderful our WHOLE family is. He has helped me to see what a blessing EACH of my children are to me.

He is a pistol, don't get me wrong. He is all boy, and his craziness may put me in the looney bin. But his heart, his smile, just his presence in our family has brought us all together into a better family. He has given Cookie someone who thinks he walks on water and someone he can play chase with. He has given No-No a playmate and someone to be a big brother to - a different role to play. And he has given Chris and me a new definition of our family. 

When things in life are especially challenging (and they are these days), I feel really blessed to have my family.  


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I heart Melody. What a beautiful glimpse of you and the family. Y'all are a great family. You all gel together and get one another so well. I love all of your little nicknames for your little men, too. And, by the way, I think this blog is going to be great for you to get out your thoughts, pictures (hint), and keep in touch (with me!).

Unknown said...

PSotB-(That would be my new made up abbreviation-post script on the blog). Since you have nicknames for the boys, do you have one for Chris? This could be very interesting.

Roshd Ghalleb said...

That's great Mel. First, a Facebook account, then a wonderful dot mac page, and now this. I am so proud of you. You've got already such a noticeable presence online. Go ahead hi-Tech mommy Walker!!! :-) LOL.

As for the content of this blog, I really think it is a stunning idea. This is all healthy and yes somehow healing as well. Loved the nicknames !!! I got nothing on you with my couch potato and the way the crumbles cookies :-) Please keep up the good work. You've got a really great start.

Much Love

-Roshd-

The Nichols Family said...

I love it. And he is so stinking cute. I can't wait to see you guys!