Friday, June 5, 2009

School's Out for Summer!!!

Well, it's that time of year again... The weather is beautiful, and the kids are free. I no longer have a 2nd grader and Kindergartner, but now a First grader and Third grader. Good grief! Where has the time gone?

We have had lots of fun in the one full day that school has been out - movies, swimming, tennis. The boys were completely exhausted tonight at bedtime. I am not much better myself.

This summer should be a good one. We don't have very many big plans, but we do have the dock this year, and the wave runner I got for Mother's Day! YAY! We have already been putting that to good use, and I know we will continue to. We aren't going to the Bahamas this year, and we haven't quite decided what exactly we will do for an official vacation, but my vote is a cruise. We will see...

In the mean time, Tater Tot has started talking up a storm and become a pretty good swimmer as well. You can't take your eyes off of him for one second. He has begun potty training, and is doing a really good job. The days big boy underwear fulltime are just around the corner!

Nosey also made a pee-pee on the potty this week. He spends some time on his toileting system everyday in the hopes that we can eventually train him and ourselves to get him at least somewhat potty trained. We have a LONG road ahead of us, but I am hopeful. We have also discovered a little artist inside of No-No. He has created many beautiful pieces of artwork which will soon grace the walls of our home. And on top of all of that he has lost lost another tooth!

Cookie is growing up so fast these days. He is such a good big brother- from being Nosey's buddy in Miracle League Baseball to playing with Tater Tot - he just makes my heart sing. He got a Nintendo DSi as reward for doing so well in school, and that is where his nose has been since yesterday. Other than than his second tennis lesson today. I must say, he is really good. I think he is a natural.

I have also discovered tennis here recently, and I LOVE IT! I am making no statement about my abilities in tennis, but it is so much fun! I would play everyday if I could. And, we (my friend Allison and I) started a book club. These things make me very happy. They may seem silly, but it is so fulfilling to focus on myself a little.

Chris has gotten into a good groove since the Grand Opening. He is looking forward to a good summer at both stores and at home. Finally...

Jana has less than two months left with us here, and not a day goes by that we don't think about how much we are going to miss her. Both her mom and dad, and brother have all come to visit. We have had such a good time with them while they were here. Good times, good times...

Summer is my favorite season and I am so glad it's here! Look out cuz here we come!


No comments: