Thursday, April 30, 2009

An 8 year old considers the current imminent pandemic...


So, today was a pretty eventful one for me. I had my first ever tennis lesson. I am not claiming that I was good or anything, but I DID really have FUN! I was really nervous, but it turned out to be great! I signed up for 6 months of lessons, so we'll see...

This afternoon No-No got new Ankle Foot Orthotics. I am still not sure exactly what I was thinking when I picked out the pattern. Luckily, we are going to be able to just try them out for a couple of weeks to see how they fit, and then we get to order some better looking ones. WHEW!

And this evening was the first ever Daniel Island Farmer's Market. I was so excited to take the boys, and go have crepes for dinner. Of course, by the time we were able to get there everybody was sold out of everything, so we ended up having to go get pizza on our bike ride back home. On our way out Cookie got some ice cream. It was one of those Sponge Bob popsicle thingys, and when he opened the wrapper it fell right on the ground. He freaked out, of course, grabbed it up and asked me what he should do - if he should eat it or not. I decided to apply the 5 second rule, and told him that he should eat it. He started to take a lick, and then froze right in his tracks... he looked up at me said," But what about the pig fever?" Get it? He was worried about the Swine Flu! To see the world through the eyes of a child is a beautiful, hilarious, wonderful thing.

No comments: