Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cookie and Tater Tot's Birthday Parties

I can honestly say that I am glad that this weekend is a lot calmer than last weekend. Last weekend we had two birthday parties and the store's Christmas party. And I figure if I am going to write anything at all about that then I had better go ahead and do it since Christmas is coming up.

Last Friday we headed out to the Holiday Festival of Lights at James Island County Park. We met a few friends there and celebrated Tater's birthday. It was a little hectic trying to get there with all of the traffic, but once we did we had a great time. Tater Tot ate cupcakes, took a train ride all over the park to see the lights, and made s'mores.  He thought he was such a big boy. And he is...


Saturday afternoon we had Cookie's party. We had a backyard full of boys! Thankfully the weather cooperated and they were able to stay in the backyard except for trips to the bathroom. He had a Mad Science party, and they all really had a good time. I think he had the all-time coolest cake I have ever seen. So, of course I will post a picture of it.


   
They did lots of science experiments, rode on a hover craft, ran around the backyard like wild animals, shot some hoops, skateboarded, and had a great time. I think it was the easiest birthday ever for me because it was at our house and someone else was entertaining the kids. NICE...



Next up...Christmas! Yay! The kids are out of school and we are almost finished shopping too. Miracles never cease. Hope y'all have a great week as we celebrate this holiday season.

1 comment:

Lost Sox said...

did you make this cake? If so I am so proud of you.