Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fruit Rollups, Sloppy Joes, and Pluff Mud

Well, I guess you can  say we are determined to make sure that Jana has as many experiences of America as we can. A couple of her newly discovered favorites are fruit rollups and sloppy joes. Who can blame her?Something that she has also discovered is pluff mud. As anyone familiar with the Lowcountry knows, it is an experience like no other... So again, we were attempting to go shark tooth hunting -- this time by boat. We went to a place that we have been to before, but this time we got out at the wrong place, and sank into the pluff mud immediately. I almost lost my shoes and decided to abort the mission. However, Cookie had already gotten to the shore, so somebody had to go with him. Chris decided to go, and I encouraged Jana to go so could she could find her first shark's tooth. As she was stuck in the pluff mud up to her knees, I am certain that she wanted to kill me, but she was a great sport!  After Chris tried to let her wear his shoes, and she fell down a few times, they got back on the boat. Cookie found one shark's tooth, but still not one for Jana. We will find one yet, Jana!



This weekend was actually the first time we have gone out on the boat since Jana has been here because some part on the boat broke and we had to order a new one, and so on, and so on... We went out Saturday and Sunday, and really had a good time showing Jana Charleston by water. We visited Vickery's for a good burger and gravy fries (which, by the way, Jana is not a fan of), and all got a little too much sun.

 
Oh, and we now have water that goes all the way out to the floating dock. I am quite impressed with Chris' handy man skills. It is really nice to have a water hose out there to wash the boat and ourselves after we have been on the water. It is truly a dream come true. Come visit ANYTIME!












Only two weeks till school starts, and I am growing sadder by the day. Nosey's last week of camp is this week. He has had so much fun, and it has been so good for him. As always,  I hate to see the summer come to an end. I hate to be without my boys!

1 comment:

The Nichols Family said...

No mention of me. I am so dissapointed. You best blog about your trip to TN!! Can't wait to see you!!!
LOVE YA!!